Homes by Email
Be the first to see new listings as soon as they hit the market!
Founded in 1908, the town was named after Ely Parker, the first Native American commissioner for the U.S. government. The original town site of Parker was surveyed and laid out in 1909 by a railroad location engineer by the name of Earl. H. Parker for the Arizona & California Railway. However, the town’s name and origin began when a post office was established January 6, 1871, on the Colorado River Indian reservation to serve the Indian agency.
Parker is located at 34°8′41″N 114°17′23″W (34.144644, -114.289686).
According to the United States Census Bureau, the town has a total area of 22.0 square miles (57 km2), of which, 22.0 square miles (57 km2) of it is land and 0.05% is water.
According to Census Bureau maps, the town is divided into two non-contiguous sections; the northern section consists of the original town and is located in the Colorado River Indian reservation and the southern section consists of a larger, roughly rectangular section of largely undeveloped territory.